- To improve the quality of existing PE teaching;
- To increase participation levels in healthy activity of children;
- For schools to understand and value the benefits of high quality PE and sport.
Good quality coaching has:
- improved sports skills in children;
- improved knowledge and skill in staff, including midday supervisors;
- improved physical, technical and mental understanding in a wide range of sports;
- developed further the wider life skills of communication, collaboration, fair play and leadership.
Our Sports Coach has:
- modelled good practice to all staff, including midday supervisors,
- shared expertise through direct delivery of PE lessons;
- transferred expert knowledge to teachers and increased their confidence in teaching PE;
- enriched sports through a wider range of activities;
- enabled children to develop skills and competence;
- improved the children’s performance over time;
- acted as a positive male role model;
- further improved communication and leadership skills.
The Sports Premium money has been spent well because:
- PE lessons are good with many elements of outstanding;
- children speak very positively about PE and sports;
- children have experience of a wider range of physical activities, such as Dodgeball and yoga;
- all staff report that they have been up-skilled;
- midday provision has improved; children engaged in positive, active play;
- it has made a positive contribution to active healthy lifestyles of both staff and children.